2015, in Books



Oh, this was a GOOD year for books, I must say! I got to read a variety of books in various genres this year, and explore new mediums too. And as the year ends, there is faint chance that I might be stocking up on paper books too. Am still in love with my Kindle and ebooks will still be my most favorite method to read, but the allure of leafing through the books (which I rediscovered as I saw a friend’s drawing room full of books. She made the drawing room into a library and I loved the time I spent in that room!) is catching on again and am starting by stocking up on graphic novels.

I still read more than one book at a time, one by the bed side, one at the dining table. And I have started the non-fiction and books for work genres this year, and to my surprise, quite liking them too.  Here’s what GoodReads has to say about my year in books :-) Yes, 90 books, with an average of 293 pages per book! [That’s not bad, right? Well, I’ve also had a busy life this year, with loads of outings, parties, gatherings and marathon-sitcom-watching. There were these other hobbies that I followed too… :-)]  



Original link - https://www.goodreads.com/user/year_in_books/2015/4957538


And here are some books I read this year, that have made a mark on me -
  1. Gun, with occasional music - My review
  2. The Road to High Saffron by Jasper Fforde - A dystopian world based on colors
  3. Island of a thousand mirrors - My review on this book
  4. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt - My review
  5. Between Shades of Gray - A story based on Stalin’s atrocities in Lithuania. My review.
  6. The Dalai Lama’s Cat - One of the best books I’ve read in any year
  7. All the bright placesMy review.
  8. The Storyteller - My review.
  9. If you haven’t read Neil Gaiman yet, then you must. I loved Graveyard book and The Ocean At the End of the Lane the best.
  10. I cannot begin to tell how much I loved The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden!
  11. A Constellation of Vital Phenomenon - set in a geography we don’t read a lot about, this is one heck of a beautiful book. My review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am from Shivalli…

2013 and a 2014 look ahead…

The Language of Baklava